Tue, May 02|
Charlestown Knights of Columbus
May 2023 General Meeting
General meeting. There are no presentations - we will be engaged in housekeeping matters.
Time & Location
May 02, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Charlestown Knights of Columbus, 545 Medford St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
About the event
Meeting starts - 7:00 pm
Opening Meeting: (10 minutes)
- Pledge of Allegiance – 1 minute
- Roll call -1 minute
- Recognize government officials – 1 minute
- Approval of minutes – 5 minutes (including discussion, approval and/or deferral)
- Meeting Overview – 2 minutes
- Correspondence – 10 minutes
· Council discussion: Members polled on interests, activities, updates - 40 minutes
o As the first half of the 2023 CNC meeting calendar winds down: What has the council not had time to address? Do you have a passion project or suggestions for council work that would advance the people’s business or help the council better reach and serve our community? Ways to operate more efficiently?
Presentations / Guests
· None Scheduled
Open Floor – 10 minutes
Committee Reports –
· Development Committee updates – Nancy Johnsen – 5 minutes
o Constitution Inn /The Helm on April 13, 2023
o PLAN: Charlestown on April 26, 2023
· Public Safety – Tom Cunha, 5 minutes (see attachment)
· Community group update. Rosemary Macero – 2 minutes.
o Update regarding the April 11, 2023 meeting of a private citizen group, the Charlestown Historic Battlefield District Committee (f/k/a “CHLC Study Committee” or Charlestown Heights Historic District Landmarks Study Commission)
· Electronic meeting access – Ameeth Deenanath – 5 minutes
· Meeting management – Nancy Johnsen - 10 minutes
· CNC General Meetings Winter/Spring 2023: The CNC general meetings will be in person, on the first Tuesday of the month, 7-9 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus, 545 Medford St. Charlestown MA 02129. The June 6, 2023 meeting will be the last before the summer hiatus.
· CNC Committee Meetings: Committee meetings are scheduled with the Secretary on an as needed basis and may be scheduled during the summer hiatus.
· Crime statistics – Ed Grace