Time & Location
Apr 04, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Knights of Columbus, 545 Medford St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
About the event
Meeting starts - 7:00 pm
- Pledge of Allegiance- 1 minute
- Roll call- 2 minutes
- Approval of minutes – (2022 Minutes: Approve previously discussed and updated minutes: March 2022, May 2022, November 2022. 2022 Minutes: Discuss and approve September 2022, October 2022, December 2022 minutes. 2023 Minutes: Discuss and approve January 2023 and March 2023 minutes.
Chairman: 10 minutes
- Meeting Overview: Timekeeper
- Correspondence/Meetings: 1. Constitution Inn / Helm on Third – meeting with St. Francis House & Planning Office for Urban Affairs (affiliate of Archdiocese of Boston) to discuss April 13, 2023 meeting. 2. MA Highway Department– summer closing of Sumner tunnel; invitation to CNC general meeting
Presentations: 50 minutes
Allotted time includes Q&A.
- Cycle Boat – 15 minutes
- Charlestown Rehearsal Studios Tenants Association, 50 Terminal St. – 15 minutes (Discussion of status of rehearsal spaces, positive economic impact of tenants on Charlestown businesses.)
- Street light standardization: Nora Moynihan Blake- 10 minutes
- Ali Baba, 99a Cambridge St. - 5 minutes: 1. Application for extension of operating hours from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. for dry, take-away restaurant. Abutters meeting on April 5, 2023. Notice attached. 2. Owner’s representative (introduce business) to council. 3. ONS representative Sean Breen will describe city approval process.
- Resolution of train cars in Sullivan Square: Sean Breen- 2 minutes
Open Floor: 10 minutes
- Chair may recognize community members and, time permitting, other attendees who wish to raise matters of importance to the Charlestown neighborhood.
Committee Reports: 25 minutes
- Basic Services – Tim McKenna: 1. Report from March 27, 2023 meeting 2. Recommendation regarding Urban Wild liquor license application (5 minutes)
- Food Security (subcommittee) – Aileen Gorman (5 minutes)
- Development – Nancy Johnsen: Plan: Charlestown: 1. Update on timeline and hybrid scenarios from March 30, 2023 public meeting. 2. In-person committee meeting with presentation by BPDA on April 26, 2023 with Q&A with committee and community - Nancy Johnsen 3. BPDA Survey (5 minutes)
- Public Safety – Eileen Ward: Public Safety Meetings (2 minutes)
- Small Business- Sean Boyle: Meeting with Councilor Coletta about preserving commercial space for local small businesses. (5 minutes)
Old Business (2 minutes)
- Precinct 7 – solicit and appoint representative. Nancy Johnsen (2 minutes)
New Business (5 minutes)
- Media & Outreach: Nancy Johnsen (1 minute)
- General Meeting Invitations: Arthur Jemison, others? - Tom Cunha (3 minutes)
- Love your Block, Charlestown, April 22, 2023 : Tim McKenna (1 minute)
Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 p.m.